Friday 23 May 2008

May

Hello from the not often posting me!
May! hey?!
How time flies!
May means... you have to run in and grab a copy of Quilters' Companion! yes it is out and yes my pattern is in it!
There is also a Hobbysew page!

My quilt Something Old, Something New is finished to top stage. Can I just say, it is a pretty quilt!
The last bit of the sewing was done at Narooma while the kids and I weer staying with my parents.
My concentration span was zip and my back was killing me so I was stop start all week. And the sewing machine was on the first floor so I trekked up and down those stairs a lot that week. Net result was that by the end of an eating week in my diet, I still managed to lose a kilo. Total of kilos lost to date is 13. Not bad. More to go!
Anyway... as always there was mind changing in the colours with the quilt and finally I ended up with a much stronger red based quilt than I planned... this was to be the soft no accent pretty girly spring quilt.
Huh
I just cant do it.. it turns out. It isn't red red.. but very rusty brown red... but no escaping that the favourite colour crept in when it wasn't even supposed to be present.

2 comments:

Trudi said...

Your quilt sounds great, will we see it on Monday?

BizarreQuilter said...

Hi Cathy,

I have finished the 2007 mystery seasons quilt. it is on my blog.