Friday 10 August 2007

Amazing. Astonishing. Wonderful.

Wow! What amazing news!
After my month of quilting I actually have good news to report!
I have won "Best Professi
onal Bed Quilt" at the Canberra Quilter's Exhibition.
I am astonished. This photo is a bit dodgy. The colours are much darker in real life. The applique is against a dark beige and black gingham. This quilt gave me some grey hairs. I had been showing to classes, demonstrating the use of tiny Catherine Wheels (they are the flowers). Unquilted. By the time I came to layer and bast it it was quite badly distorted. Let that be a lesson! The basting become a pivotal moment in history. I was close to chucking it in a corner and not entering it. Najelle came to the rescue and insisted on getting the quilt re-basted. I then quilted it on my Mega Quilter. Free motion. Stipples behind the applique and swirling flowers behind the charm squares.

This next quilt is "inferno" Not a prize winner but better quilting in my opinion.

Bright, eh?!
Finally is the collaborative effort. Mystery Medallion. This was commercially quilted and I have included a close up as the quilting is amazing! Terina went to so much trouble and spent so many hours on the quilting. Everyone has admired her work.
"Quilts with Attitude" is the name you need to remember.




5 comments:

Lindi said...

Congratulations Cathy! The quilts look fabulous and after all that hard work you surely deserve the wins.
Cheers

Bernadette said...

Congratulations Cathy, fabulous news you must be thrilled.
If you would like to have a look at some of my show quilting go to my blog and look in the March archives.
Bernadette

TMQG said...

Well done Cathy, you really dont give yourself enough credit for the quality and quantity of work you manage to achieve.... Helen

Lissa Jane said...

Cathy, you have done well.. To only have had four tops a month before the show deadline and then finish them is a MIRACLE! You done good!

Anonymous said...

congrats, cathy!