Sunday 17 December 2006

Christmas Bits

G'Day!
I have spent the last week having a bit of fun. Too late really to have time to do anything significant, I decided to make some Chrissy presents. Mainly for the girls i work with, but also for my stitching group and a few for the kids' teachers.
I was chatting with my friend Sylvia about it and she recommended an older book of Debb
ie Mumm's. I borrowed hers and went home to have fun with buttons, scraps, vlisofix and black felt. I have made a happy collection of tree ornaments or glorified gift tags. I think they are pretty cute and the girls (8 & 10) liked the reindeer so much they made one each for their teachers.
I was lucky to have two tubes of black buttons! I guess this when being a collector helps. It was at least 5 years ago that a shop was getting rid of their buttons and I bought the buttons for no particular reason. Very handy they were!
Now it is back to working on the Mystery for 2007...or could I be tempted to do a few more Kaleidoscopes???!!! I think so...


1 comment:

Nicole & Phil said...

love the pressies! These look great!
Love looking at all your wonderful Quilts.
thanks for sharing
Nicole,Berlin, Germany (SCQer)