Saturday 13 February 2010

lime splice and new excitement

creeps into room and says... tadah!
Haven't been here in such a long time.
Dum dee dum.
Hums a song and fluffs down some of the spider webs that have built up here in my absence.
Why am I writing?
Because I am about to start a new quilt.
So new that I am busting...
This years Mystery will be an owl themed quilt. Oh goodness.. I am so excited!

Here is last years.

Lime Splice.
It had quails and pigeon pairs. So doing another bird quilt isn't really so revolutionary. But I have drawn those birds since I was a kid. Owls are new for me.

Before I worked out the layout for the quilt. All the piecing and the fabric quantities but I had the empty panels waiting for me to design the applique. I have spent some time doodling and getting no where fast, until 30 minutes ago when I very quickly figured the layout for 4 of the 5 and I am terribly chuffed. Long way to go yet!
Must dash.. have some drawing to do!

P.S We have room for one or two more people in the class for $20 per month or join the mail order list for $12 per month.

No comments: