Tuesday 5 February 2008

February



Ok.. it's like this! Christmas.. kids.. holiday... trip away..work.... and Audrey... there just hasn't been much time for poor lidlfish!
So craft wise?
I took Something Old, Something New to Narooma. I got most of a block done and all the stems. Still isn't finished though. Those little blue flowers?! Little @uggers.
Still it is a thing of beauty.
I made three more bead necklaces for Christmas presents and have put the beads away for a little while. Spent enough money on that!!

Family? A whole lot of school reports came home and basically you could say that the kids had a sucessful year. Phew. Such a relief.

Michael is home from hospital as I mentioned in December. Still such a long way to go. He joined us all for the family holiday in Narooma. I don't know if you have any concept of what a family holiday in Narooma really encompasses.
We are talking.... grandparents, 4 siblings and spouses, 14 grandkids, two set of second cousins and their 10 kids, 3 sets of sister-in-laws and their 4 kids, second cousin's inlaws, their kids and their inlaws. And Fiona, Kaz, Maya and Emma and their guest!
Oh.. and Aunties Anne and Jane, Uncles Michael and Don.
This annual holiday is a big thing. It's epic. So Michael was nothing but heroic getting himself down there when he had barely got home!

Finally the holiday ended and we all went our separate ways home. So now he and his family are really beginning the new life.

The photo at the top is the Narooma I remember from childhood. I did say this has been a long tradition, didn't I? Our boat house was the one on the far right but Nanny sold it after Puppa died in '87.

Anyway! Audrey needs a boat, just like that one up front. Nice hey? It will park happily beside her light house. You must go look at Audrey's blog! We are having the time of our lives there!

1 comment:

Ozjane said...

Sounds like a good holiday but I think you need a reason to blog again.......so I tag you
Go to my blog to read the rules.
http://five-minutes-of-fame.blogspot.com/



jane/glenice