Friday 7 December 2007

News

Michael is coming home from hospital today!
Really such happy and sad news. So glad he is getting home with time to settle in before Christmas but just so enormously sad at what this year has done.

Mystery Block of the month for 2007 has its last night for one group tonight so I can put up the photo of the quilt that kept me so busy at the beginning of the year. Very difficult to photograph as my quilt holders are three years apart in age and in height so the quilt tended to be on an angle! LOL and dragging on the floor on one side! To square off the photos I have cropped it.. but I promise.. there are a few more inches worth of border and the quilt is square in real life.

On the other hand, in Second Life I can force my quilts to be square! LOL
Audrey has been building a treadle sewing machine and she attended a quilters meeting.
At her very first meeting, she won the draw and is being sent 48 reels of Aurofill!!!!!!!!!
Real Life ones!
Woohoo... way to go Audrey!

She entered her treadle in the Newbie Show and Tell at NCI (New Citizens Inc) where she mostly hangs out learning how to build in graphics. She got third place but I personally feel she was ripped off! LOL
Here are some piccies of Aud's Gorgeous house that she has built herself. She doesn't have any land, so when she finishes building, she has to pack it back into her inventory and save for another day.
She has a cutting table with mat, ruler and Olfa cutter. A small stash of bolts. What you don't see is all the mess I am sure she would make if I let her make a quilt from scratch!
See the fire place? The flame in the fire flickers semi realistically. And the treadle foot plate and needle go up and down in time with each other when you touch the machine!!!
Ok... if you don't know Second Life, this may no seem amazing... but to an old chook it is very exciting to be learning so many new things!

2 comments:

Lindi said...

Great to hear Michael is home! I wish him and all of you a lovely Christmas!

Michelle said...

Yay for Michael!

And yay for Audrey! Sounds like you're having a lot of fun over there in the other life! I particularly love Audrey's little shack - it's my kind of place.

Have a great Christmas! See you after the 27th Dec.